Wednesday, August 3, 2022

2022 Updates and News

Hi everyone.  I have a few new things to add and some sad news, at least for me.  First, here are some movies I have information about that I would like to share.   

HOT RODS TO HELL (1967) is a.k.a. 52 MILES TO TERROR, not 52 MILES TO MIDNIGHT as your book states.  

PICTURE MOMMY DEAD (1966) is 83 m.  

STEAMBOY (2004, Japanese) - The English dubbed version runs 105 m. 

The sad news I have to report is that this may be my last post on this blog.  I recently linked this blog to Leonard Maltins Facebook page twice, and both times that link was deleted.  I don’t know if Leonard himself deleted it, his daughter Jessie, or some faceless admin who manages his page.  In any case, I’m not happy.  I then posted a lengthy comment on his Twitter telling him what happened and that I am now unfollowing him on social media.  I did unfollow both his Facebook page and Twitter that day.  Now maybe you are thinking I am overreacting, and I should follow him again as Leonard may not have even known about any of the comments or links that I made.  I guess I feel that after all these years of buying different versions of his Movie Guide and Classic Movie Guide that one of my favorite critics has now disappointed me.  But as I said earlier, it may have been some faceless person who feels that I should not correct Leonard when it comes to anything he says.  I have a lot of respect for Leonard, and I don’t mind when he gives an opinion that I don’t share.  In many cases, I completely understand where he is coming from.  Some of my favorite movies are horror, sci-fi and various types of B movies that Leonard doesn’t like - or even bother to review in his books.  Yeah, many of them have silly plots and bad acting, but I can usually overlook these things if the movie is reasonably entertaining.  And if Leonard likes a movie that I can't stand, well, he’s entitled to. 

I guess I’ll see what the future brings before I call it a day.  In any case, thank you for reading my blog!   

         

No comments:

Post a Comment

2022 Updates and News

Hi everyone.  I have a few new things to add and some sad news, at least for me.  First, here are some movies I have information about that ...